Date: February 2010
From: Robert Parmelee
Subject: Mullins trailers info
This is in response to questions about Mullins Red Cap Trailers.
I have written a book (hard cover) that is gives the history of
the trailer. Some of the facts are:
- Approximately 3000 Mullins trailers were manufactured
- They were all serialized with a small tag on the rear of the frame
- They were made in 1936/37
- They could be bought in various colors
- Various wheels were also used five and six lugs, I believe this was done so that the cars spare tire could be used on the trailer.
There is a excellent news letter that is put out by the Mullins Red Cap Trailer club. For anyone interested in the club, contact me by sending me email.
"Mullins Red Cap Utility Trailer" / Hardcover / Published 1998